Whisper

Whisper

Monday 5 May 2014

Whisper celebrated 5 years!

Thank you for celebrating with us five years of Whisper.
View this email in your browser

WHISPER CELEBRATES 5 YEARS

Thank you for coming to celebrate with us and raising over £6000


Dear all,

We would like to thank everybody who bought the £20 ticket not to just send a direct donation to our charity and to contribute to the education of vulnerable children, but also to attend a special fund-raising event in London and become a part of the incredible night full of great entertainment.

We are humbled to announce that together we raised:
  • Online ticket sales: £1.160
  • Door entrance: £800
  • Jewelery sales: £260
  • Head massage: £110
  • Sales of bread rolls by Antonio's parents: £100
  • DVD Maasai Photo-slide-show: £170
  • Direct donations: £3500
  • We also received 1 direct debit submission for monthly donation to Whisper! :-)
The money raised will be used to support all our activities in Uganda, most especially to fund the running costs for the next two months of the projects such are:
  1. Staff salaries (5 teachers, 4 gardeners, 6 mamas (child carers), 2 cooks, 3 security guards, cleaner, social worker, outreach workers and manager, physiotherapist)
  2. Food & medication for children accommodated and cared for at our children's transitional home
  3. Running costs and food at our nursery school in Kagoma Gate Child's Academy of Hope
  4. Outreach programs such are Jigger Free Community Program and Community Work
You help to improve health condition to more than 25 orphaned or neglected children Whisper is providing shelter for. You helped to provide self-sustainable lives to our full time 25 Whisper employees. You also helped to give the opportunity to our 130 vulnerable children to receive a free education!

We are so grateful for your support! We loved to see your smiles and tears of joy at the event. It was truly
a meaningful time we all invested into and may you be rewarded for your kind hearts you offered to Whisper.

All photos from the event are available to view on our website here.

With love Veronika & Antonio
 

!!WE NEED YOU!!
For those who want to become a part of children's lives and get involved in making a long term difference, please sign up for monthly donation
HERE
Our goal is to reach our monthly running costs by receiving any big or small financial support from individuals or businesses. We currently reached 15% of our running costs from people like you.
From as little as £5 a month we can get closer and closer to the target.
Visit our website and sing up for monthly donations.
Donate to Whisper
Visit our website for a photo slideshow from the event
 
View the slideshow
Whisper needs your monthly support to keep going. Please consider donating £5 a month!
Sign up for monthly donations
Support our projects and buy a CD with Maasai Photo Slideshow Images. £10 only.
Purchase the Maasai Photo CD
"Hello, My name is Veronika Cejpkova and I am the founder of Whisper.

I would like to personally thank to every single one for coming to the event. I was watching you all 'live' via Skype (Thank you Antonio, Athol and Des helping me with it).  It was a night of the month for me because I was currently hospitalized at the hospital and being a part of the night even that way really put me on high.

Seeing all the faces I know, and for some of you coming to talk to me via the laptop put such a huge smile on my face, which you couldn't see. I wish I could talk more with you but I wasn't alone at the ward and it was about the night time for us. You, my friends, looked so beautiful - especially the girls :-)

Thank you also to the photographer Bruno Kongawoin who was taking photos throughout the night for us. I loved to see your faces full of smiles and enjoyment. We worked so hard for this party and seeing you happy and satisfied meant everything to us!

I also want to thank to Lucy Kozmova for helping to organize the night. It was in superb location, the programs you choose were rich and professional. It was beyond my expectations and so I'd love to also thank to all the participants taking part in the program.

There is another special person I love and his name is Gary Carr. He has been my friend for many  years and never disappointed me at his present. He was between the very first ones who agreed to give us one of his lambada nights to fund-raise for the start of Whisper in 2009. I remember raising £500 towards our £5000 goal. So on this day 25.04 he agreed to become the presenter for our night. You did a great job. There were times you put tears in my eyes as you presented it from the heart.

I also wanna thank my sister Andrea and her partner Ales. My sister visited Uganda in 2012 and after that she composed a song for Whisper which they came to perform all the way from Czech Republic to London.
Thank you my friend Tereza Cejnkova for providing very cheap flight tickets for them and Antonio for the accommodation!!!

Despina and Athol are another good good friends of ours! They were ever supportive right from the start and again put 110% into helping us to make the program a success. As I remember them being an active part of the Maasai photoshoot in 2010, here there was them again. Athol thank you for the video-recording the night. We all cannot wait for the footage. Des, your ever positive energy made me to move right on the hospital bed!! :-)

... and I thank to others. You all volunteered. You all decided to give us your talents and time for free.

The list of my friends I love to say how much I appreciate your support goes on and on and on. :-)
I also love to express my sincere thanks to the people I've never met and I wish I would have met you at the event.

Every single guest and visitor who took their time and money and came that night became very special to me and I hope one time when we meet again and we meet face to face perhaps on another of our special nights dedicated to Whisper."

Yours Veronika
veronika@whisperorphans.org

No comments:

Post a Comment